As summer draws to a close, bring your pretty plants inside and give them a decorative home by using old fabric or clothing to cover simple terra cotta planters. This easy craft can be done in a few VERY simple steps.
All you'll need:
- Terra cotta pots
- Paint brush
- Mod Podge (which you can find at almost any craft store)
- Fabric (from a fabric supply store or, in this case, a dress in your own closet that no longer zips)
1. Get that planter ready. Look at how sad and boring it is :(.
2. Cut a piece of fabric for the planter that will fit all the way around, leaving some room at the top and bottom to tuck extra fabric inside the pot. Can you spot Oprah and Steadman?
3. Lay down some serious newspaper, or pages ripped from your tabloid of choice. (Stars, they're just like us--they pedal uphill!!) Take out your trusty paintbrush.
4. Grab that fuckin mod podge, yo. Paint the entire pot with it. It's sticky but will come off your hands with warm water.
5. This is what your pot will look like. Pretty swell, eh? Remember to tuck in excess fabric into the hole at the bottom and into the pot itself at the top.
6. Next, give your newly outfitted planter another coat of Mod Podge. Don't worry if the fabric is temporarily whitened, it will dry clear and end up looking like this: the perfect home for your flower friends.